The government on Tuesday, August 17, launched its ambitious Agenda 111 policy.
The project will cover the design, procurement, construction, equipping and commissioning of 101 District Hospitals, 6 Regional Hospitals in newly created regions, as well as 1 Regional Hospital in the Western Region, 2 Psychiatric Hospitals in Kumasi and Tamale and a redeveloped Accra Psychiatric Hospital.
The project. when completed in 18 months, will deliver to each underserved district, a world-class health facility capable of attending to all major ailments. The Project has, however, been shrouded in controversy, especially on issues of finance, procurement among others.
Thus, today on JoyNews’ The Probe, the Deputy Minister for Finance Dr John Ampontuah Kumah joins host, Emefa Apawu, to answer some questions raised about the project.
Viewers who have questions on Agenda 111 can send in their concerns via WhatsApp 0540109009 and on all JoyNews‘ social media platforms.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Defer interest payments and pay principals – Prof. Peprah
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act
- If your music penetrates China, then you have done enough as an artiste – Kuami Eugene
- Playback: PM Express discuss Moody’s further downgrade of Ghana to junk status
- Chamber of Telecommunications outlines services to be affected by SIM deactivation
- Ernest Kojo Manu: Bumpy roads, illegal speed ramps posing serious threat to safety of road users
- Single spine is the most indecent salary structure – TUC
- Organised Labour revises demand for base pay increase to 65%