The Ghana Police Service says it has arrested three persons in connection with the alleged disappearance of one Josephine Panyin Mensah.
Mrs Mensah, the Police say, is also being treated as a suspect as they investigate a case of possible “self kidnapping”.
A statement issued reveals thorough investigations by the medical experts show that the woman was not pregnant in the period under review.
Josephine was reported missing by her husband last week. She was said to be pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Family sources then alleged, days later, that they had received a call from supposed kidnappers of Josephine who demanded a ransom for her release.
Josephine resurfaced on Tuesday when a carpenter came up and said he had found her in Axim, 60 kilometres away from the location of her alleged disappearance.
The tale of events has given the country a lot to think about, considering the disappearance of some four girls in Takoradi about three years ago.
The girls were later found to have been killed by a man suspected to have kidnapped them.
In an interview with Takoradi-based Connect FM, Western Regional Minister Kwabena Okeyere Darko Mensah said an initial probe by the National Investigations Bureau shows the woman’s story is false.
This position has since been challenged by the woman’s husband, Michael Simons.
The Police has issued a statement on the matter, saying it is treating Josephine as a suspect.
See statement below
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- YEA increases monthly allowances for Community Protection Assistants
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: King Otto leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic
- ICUMS operations saves importers over high cost of – Ghana Link
- Tanzania cancels independence celebration, diverts funds to build dormitories for kids
- Ghana to send nurses to UK in exchange for money – Health Minister announces
- Soften your stance, engage bondholders on debt restructuring – government advised
- Completion of Tema-Mpakadan Railway Project to open businesses around Volta Lake – Akufo-Addo
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Digicraft wins Advertising Agency of the Decade Award
- Morocco erupts in ecstasy after historic World Cup win
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon