Six suspected criminals who allegedly made another assassination attempt on the life of Cynthia Morrison, Agona West MP are in the grips of the Swedru Divisional Police Command.
Intelligence gathered by the Security in Swedru emerged that the suspects, John Toko, 26; Emmanuel Mensah, 25; Elvis Kwabena Poku, 36; Kwabena Poku, 48; Wahab Saeed, 26, and Kweku Amponsah, 26, were using a Corolla taxi cab with registration number (AS 4534-19) to trail the MP on the Agona Otsenkorang road.
The MP who doubles as the Gender Minister was on a campaign tour from that town and its adjoining villages, a source at the Divisional Police Command told the GNA.
The source said the MP and her campaign team suspected the behavior of the occupants in the taxi cab after realising that they were being trailed and reported the matter to the Police.
According to the source, the alleged criminals had for the past five-days been lodging at a Hotel in Swedru under the pretext of doing galamsey in the area.
It said, the police mounted surveillance on them at the hotel till they arrived at 9:30 pm on Wednesday and Toko attempted to escape on seeing the police, but was eventually arrested.
A search was conducted on them and eight mobile phones, NDC ID Card with registration number (41047603 -A), and branch card number (A 151501) were found on Toko who said he was from Amanfi Central Constituency of the Western Region.
Two Talismen were found on both arms of Saeed, who also had charms on his waist, five rings and green Military vests.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Tafohene furious over MP’s failure to attend commissioning of astroturf
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure
NCCE Director calls on Ghanaians to respect each other
Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
Alleged assault on Citi FM journalists: CHRAJ should be tasked to investigate – Kweku Baako