Three suspected armed robbers have died and one other person has been arrested in an operation by officers from the Ashanti Regional Police Command.
In a press release signed by the Director of Public Affairs ACP Kwesi Ofori, the Police revealed that they received intelligence that the suspected robbers were planning to attack a businessman at Buokrom Estate.
This led to the deployment of the Regional Police Anti-robbery Taskforce personnel who mounted a search and screening operation of all vehicles entering the estate.
According to the Police, “during the search, the four suspects who were in a car attempted to fire at the personnel who were undertaking the operation.”
“The personnel fired back injuring three of the men who later died from the gunshot wounds at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital. One suspect connected to the planned robbery was arrested,” they added.
The Police retrieved a pump-action gun, one revolver pistol, one locally manufactured pistol, one dagger, two black hoods, two pairs of scissors and dried leaves suspected to be cannabis from the suspects’ vehicle.
The security agency thanked the persons who aided in gathering intelligence ahead of the operation.
“As we seek to combat crime in our communities and make it an unattractive venture, we will continue to count on the support and help of the public,” the statement concluded.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’