The Savannah Regional Police Command says it has mounted a manhunt for the three suspected armed robbers involved in the murder of an Accra-based lawyer on the Bole-Bamboi Highway over the weekend.
The deceased, Richard Badombia, was heading for Jirapa with two family members when they were stopped by the men who immediately shot him.
A statement issued by the Police revealed that the victim was driving a Hyundai Accent saloon car when the incident occurred.
“When they got to a section of the road between Banda Nkwanta and Nuoyiri communities, three armed men emerged from the bush and signalled them to stop and while slowing down, one of the robbers shot and killed the driver.
“We will do whatever it takes to get these miscreants arrested and brought to justice,” the Police assured in the statement.
Already, residents within the Banda Nkwanta and Nuoyiri communities have been alerted to assist the Police with relevant information that could lead to the identification and arrest of the suspects.
Meanwhile, member of the NDC and private legal practitioner, Edudzi Tamakloe has paid tribute to the lawyer; noting that his murder broke his heart.
“My deepest condolences to your immediate family and the Umbrella family. You were so dedicated to the fight in the last election. National Chairman, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo presented this certificate to you last year. Please Rest In Peace.”
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Nico Williams comments on Inaki’s decision to play for Ghana
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Ghana bags $731m from oil production in half-year 2022, but PIAC worried over missing cash
- IMF, World Bank urged to channel support into industrialising economy
- Joana Addey: Yes, condom use is the solution
- My ‘Gift of God’ album is not centred around Ghanaian music lovers only – Shatta Wale
- Hawa Koomson opens Kasoa Championship
- Government re-affirms position to leave no one digitally behind
- Otto Addo hints at mass changes for Nicaragua friendly
- Ghana re-affirms position to leave no one digitally behind – Communications Minister
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- YEA organises retreat to strategise for 2023 working year
- Energy Minister promotes Ghana’s offshore oil blocks to investors in USA
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Microsoft strengthens partnership with AfDB to fast-track youth entrepreneurship in Africa
- GIJ holds inter-faculty lecture to promote research
- Why Black Stars will need to avoid complacency against Nicaragua