It is exactly one year after Ghana went to the poll to elect a new leader in Nana Akufo-Addo. Many were the controversies at the time.
From being in a comfortable lead to cruising to victory, the memories of the period were just so fascinating. But none of those memories come close to the famous kaikai dance by the Odododiodioo MP, Nii Lante Vanderpuye.
You can hate him for his views on politics, even on the Black Stars and his relationship with the Football Association but you can’t hate him for his dancing steps and his ability to connect with the masses. Any wonder why he won the Odododiodioo seat massively even when his party lost miserably at the polls?
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020
- Bawumia promises passage of RTI bill in 2019
- Sylvester Mensah launches fundraising shortcode
- Kufuor fights "sensationalised" reportage on ex-gratia comment
- Mahama, Kufuor and Rawlings all eligible to contest for President – Dr Oduro Osae
- I am in for grassroots because I am one of them- Nurideen Iddrisu
- NDC race: Mahama's sponsors 'barred' from primaries committee
- HIPC helped restore donor confidence in “flat” economy – Kufuor
- NDC going broke weeks after election loss strange - Sly Mensah
- Wontumi to challenge Mahama's '3rd term' bid at Supreme Court