Followers of Stephen Atubiga have picked up nomination forms for the presidential hopeful, hours before the deadline will elapse.
The followers who are said to be from the onion market in Accra arrived Tuesday afternoon with a bundle of cash amounting to 20,000 cedis as payment for the forms.
By picking the form, Mr Atubiga who describes himself as the man for the people is getting a step closer to aspiring for the flagbearer position of the opposition National Democratic Congress.
He, however, has the next hurdle to cross which is to pay an amount of 400,000 cedis as filing fee.
Mr Atubiga is among a team of flagbearer aspirants who are opposing the amount to be paid as nomination and filing fee.
It is not clear yet if the supporters had the consent of the flagbearer aspirant before purchasing the form.
He has been thoroughly critical of the party executives for imposing the fees which some have described as outrageous.
This brings to four the number of flagbearer aspirants who have had nominations forms picked on their behalf, Joy News’ Latif Iddrisu reported.
Yesterday, constituency executives in Asawasi in the Ashanti Region picked up nomination forms on behalf of ex-president John Mahama.
Today, those in La Dade Kotopon Constituency in Accra have picked same for Sylvester Mensah.
Party bigwig, Ken Dzirasah, led some NDC members including Victor Adawudu, to pick the nomination forms on behalf of Prof Joshua Alabi.
It is not clear yet if the remaining presidential hopefuls will pick their forms.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll continue Mills' policy of building party offices - Alabi
- I'll accelerate development if...Sly Mensah pledges
- Work hard, bring NDC back; Sly Mensah to delegates in Eastern Region
- I won't fail you; Prof Alabi tells Ashanti NDC
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption