Followers of Stephen Atubiga have picked up nomination forms for the presidential hopeful, hours before the deadline will elapse.
The followers who are said to be from the onion market in Accra arrived Tuesday afternoon with a bundle of cash amounting to 20,000 cedis as payment for the forms.
By picking the form, Mr Atubiga who describes himself as the man for the people is getting a step closer to aspiring for the flagbearer position of the opposition National Democratic Congress.
He, however, has the next hurdle to cross which is to pay an amount of 400,000 cedis as filing fee.
Mr Atubiga is among a team of flagbearer aspirants who are opposing the amount to be paid as nomination and filing fee.
It is not clear yet if the supporters had the consent of the flagbearer aspirant before purchasing the form.
He has been thoroughly critical of the party executives for imposing the fees which some have described as outrageous.
This brings to four the number of flagbearer aspirants who have had nominations forms picked on their behalf, Joy News’ Latif Iddrisu reported.
Yesterday, constituency executives in Asawasi in the Ashanti Region picked up nomination forms on behalf of ex-president John Mahama.
Today, those in La Dade Kotopon Constituency in Accra have picked same for Sylvester Mensah.
Party bigwig, Ken Dzirasah, led some NDC members including Victor Adawudu, to pick the nomination forms on behalf of Prof Joshua Alabi.
It is not clear yet if the remaining presidential hopefuls will pick their forms.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Mahama urged to submit his evidence to Emile Short Commission
- Hot Video: Joy News Editorial: Short Commission - Same questions, different responses
- Parliament summons Interior Minister over recent children assaults
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria
- Short Commission: Police denies knowledge of SWAT vehicle, masked men
- Rawlings calls for global political accountability
- Short Commission probe: No armed men in any of our polling stations - Jean Mensa
- Lack of political will cause of growing vigilantism - Aning