In a rare protest against the leadership of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), members of a group calling itself Volunteer Media Communicators for NPP their mobile phones ablaze in Kumasi.
The move, according to the serial pro-NPP callers, is to get party leadership to reward them for their loyalty.
The communicators, drawn from various constituencies in the Ashanti Region, converged at the Abbey's Park clad in party colours and red armbands.
In all about 100 mobile phones were set on fire.
They hope the action will send home their dissatisfaction with the poor treatment they receive from party leadership in the Ashanti Region.
Executive Member for the group, Abel Anokye, said party leaders have refused to find them jobs after the party assumed affairs of state.
“‘We spend a lot of money on phone calls, just to defend the party. After we came to power we are yet to benefit from the party. They say we have been given MASLOC vehicle but it is not true. It was auctioned and we paid realistic prices for those vehicles without engines,” he said.
“Party leadership especially, the Vice Chair called us useless. The Regional Minister has refused to help us. We want the President to take them from this Region we cannot stay with them,” he added.
They have since withdrawn their services to the party until further notice.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters
- Videos of alleged irregularities in referendum fake -EC
- NDC is being disingenuous with NHIS collapsing claims - Dep. Minister
- CPDA to launch maiden Vice Presidential Permutations Forum
- Produce evidence of cancelled power agreements – Jinapor to Gabby, NPP
- Back off! Minority to gov’t over planned privatisation of airport management
- Ofosu Ampofo, Kwaku Boahen granted ¢100K bail over criminal charge