The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has chosen Nalerigu as the capital of the newly created North East region.
He disclosed this Tuesday at the Jubilee House in Accra, at a ceremony to present Constitutional Instruments (CI 116) to give effect to the creation of the North East and Savannah regions.
The two regions, together with – Oti, Bono East, Ahafo and Western North – were created following a successful referenda last year.
Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed will act as minister for the North East until a substantive minister is appointed.
The president assured that government projects and structures will be equitably spread across the region.
“Already as contained in the President’s 2019 budget, seed capital of ¢20 million has been allocated for each region to aid in its smooth take-off.
“Government will make sure that the desire for growth and progress, which was the underlining reason for the vote for the creation of the North East region is met,” the president said.
The Tarana, the First Elder of the Nayiri welcomed the president’s announcement.
He called on all natives of the region to rally behind the chiefs to bring about the rapid development to the area.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Asantehene shows gratitude for support over 2 decades
- Otumfuo@20: Lady Julia's love message to Asantehene
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters
- Videos of alleged irregularities in referendum fake -EC
- NDC is being disingenuous with NHIS collapsing claims - Dep. Minister