Some 364 out of 367 delegates of Effiduase-Asokore are said to have indicated their preference for incumbent Parliamentarian, Dr. Nana Ayew Afriyie, to run opposed for the NPP during the 2020 polls.
The delegates after assessing the performance of the Effiduase-Asokore MP after his two years in office say, they will prefer he is not contested when the NPP opens nominations for the primaries in the constituency.
They also voted “YES” to let Dr. Nana Ayew Afriye represent the constituency in parliament for another four years.
They explained that, the constituency through the initiative of Dr. Afriyie, is “fast developing” and commended him using his share of the MP’s Common Fund to promote reforms in the areas of education and health.
According to them, the constituency needs the rich experience of the incumbent to safeguard the NPP’s votes during election 2020.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- OccupyGhana lauds RTI presidential assent
- Special Prosecutor ‘completely wrong’ – Ayariga responds to charges
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures