Some 364 out of 367 delegates of Effiduase-Asokore are said to have indicated their preference for incumbent Parliamentarian, Dr. Nana Ayew Afriyie, to run opposed for the NPP during the 2020 polls.
The delegates after assessing the performance of the Effiduase-Asokore MP after his two years in office say, they will prefer he is not contested when the NPP opens nominations for the primaries in the constituency.
They also voted “YES” to let Dr. Nana Ayew Afriye represent the constituency in parliament for another four years.
They explained that, the constituency through the initiative of Dr. Afriyie, is “fast developing” and commended him using his share of the MP’s Common Fund to promote reforms in the areas of education and health.
According to them, the constituency needs the rich experience of the incumbent to safeguard the NPP’s votes during election 2020.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Leaked NDC tape: Ampofo charges reduce, Gyamfi and Boahene added
- Violence not path for resolving conflict, Gov't to feuding Chereponi factions
- I’ll set up gold museum in Western Region – Tourism Minister-designate
- President assents to Civil Aviation Amendment Bill
- Militia confab: President’s response unfortunate - Sammy Gyamfi
- The Bible knows no biased prophet like Owusu Bempah – John Mahama
- New law on party militias sad, longer route to peace - NDC
- I disagree with JoyNews militia documentary promo - Sammi Awuku
- Law on party militia needless – Bentil dismisses Akufo-Addo’s plan
- Akufo-Addo directs AG to draft bill on party militia
- Short Commission presents report to Akufo-Addo
- NDC will be embarrassed if others join militia talks - NPP organiser
- ‘Two heads better than one,’ Mahama wants stakeholder forum to save economy
- NDC kicks against piloting of ROPAA in 2020 election
- Akufo-Addo nominates chief executives for new assemblies