The youth at Salaga South constituency are angry following the citing of Damango as the regional capital of the newly created Savanna region.
The office of the governing New Patriotic Party in the constituency was set ablaze Tuesday evening.
“The place is burning down, people are throwing stones and all manner of things,” an eye witness told Joy News.
The protesters, displeased by President, Nana Akufo-Addo’s announcement Tuesday, insist Salaga deserved to be the regional capital.
They argued the people of Salaga South showed faith in the New Patriotic Party by voting the party’s parliamentary candidate, Salifu Adam Braimah as MP.
They say the choice of Damongo which voted for an NDC candidate Adam Mutawakilu, does not reward the peoples’ faith in the NPP.
The roofing, fridges, windows, satellite dish and computers are among the many things destroyed by the fire.
Although there is police presence “they cannot do anything”. Attempts by firefighters at the scene to douse the flames have been thwarted by the angry youths.
The eye witness said pick axes have been brought in by the irate youth to pull down the building.
The security apparatus has been paralysed by the actions of the youth who are having a field day in venting their anger.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo’s Jamaican Visa waiver comments undermine Parliament – Ablakwa
- Gov't's 'Year of Return' sash gaffe generates social media trolls
- Stop vilification of Nigerians in Ghana - Commonwealth cautions
- Akufo-Addo inaugurates 5-member committee on emoluments
- Limited registration: Lawyer fears EC may disenfranchise first-time voters
- Parliament cautions media over stereotype reports about Nigerians
- Bawumia attends 8th EITI global conference in Paris
- Man who 'attempted suicide' in Parliament lives with 'bullets in his body' – Sister reveals
- We must assert what need and demand it from our leaders - Kinna Likimani
- Draft Diaspora Engagement Policy ready for stakeholders input
- RE: Suhuyini fabricated Bawumia’s supposed tweet on No Borrowing by NPP
- Alhassan Suhuyini fabricated Bawumia's supposed Tweet on 'no borrowing by NPP'
- Parliamentary immunity: Majority Leader urges caution
- Judge throws out Speaker of Parliament immunity letter again
- Read full court ruling: The Republic vrs Mahama Ayariga