The youth at Salaga South constituency are angry following the citing of Damango as the regional capital of the newly created Savanna region.
The office of the governing New Patriotic Party in the constituency was set ablaze Tuesday evening.
“The place is burning down, people are throwing stones and all manner of things,” an eye witness told Joy News.
The protesters, displeased by President, Nana Akufo-Addo’s announcement Tuesday, insist Salaga deserved to be the regional capital.
They argued the people of Salaga South showed faith in the New Patriotic Party by voting the party’s parliamentary candidate, Salifu Adam Braimah as MP.
They say the choice of Damongo which voted for an NDC candidate Adam Mutawakilu, does not reward the peoples’ faith in the NPP.
The roofing, fridges, windows, satellite dish and computers are among the many things destroyed by the fire.
Although there is police presence “they cannot do anything”. Attempts by firefighters at the scene to douse the flames have been thwarted by the angry youths.
The eye witness said pick axes have been brought in by the irate youth to pull down the building.
The security apparatus has been paralysed by the actions of the youth who are having a field day in venting their anger.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters
- Videos of alleged irregularities in referendum fake -EC
- NDC is being disingenuous with NHIS collapsing claims - Dep. Minister
- CPDA to launch maiden Vice Presidential Permutations Forum
- Produce evidence of cancelled power agreements – Jinapor to Gabby, NPP