Joy News has captured exclusive video footage depicting NDC MP for Ningo Prampram being heckled and attacked by masked men wielding guns in the ongoing Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency.
Early Thursday morning, Sam Dzata George posted on Facebook that he had just been assaulted by several members of the NPP Invisible Forces. He claims that they were wearing NSC shirts.
In the video, about 50-60 men are seen chasing the MP as they hurled insults and slapped him.
“[George] is traumatized. When I went to his home he was in the bedroom and couldn’t even move. I don’t understand why people would do this,” Chairman of the NDC, Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, told Joy FM.
Just hours into the by-election, some armed men clothed in National Security apparel stormed the La Bawalashie Presby polling station. Eyewitnesses say the armed men fired shots and attacked some agents believed to be opposition NDC agents.
The shots lasted 20 minutes. Police intervened as the attacks continued.
The men, according to eyewitnesses, also stormed the home of NDC candidate, Delali Kwesi Brempong.
Joy News cannot confirm the number of those injured or dead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo’s Jamaican Visa waiver comments undermine Parliament – Ablakwa
- Gov't's 'Year of Return' sash gaffe generates social media trolls
- Stop vilification of Nigerians in Ghana - Commonwealth cautions
- Akufo-Addo inaugurates 5-member committee on emoluments
- Limited registration: Lawyer fears EC may disenfranchise first-time voters
- Parliament cautions media over stereotype reports about Nigerians
- Bawumia attends 8th EITI global conference in Paris
- Man who 'attempted suicide' in Parliament lives with 'bullets in his body' – Sister reveals
- We must assert what need and demand it from our leaders - Kinna Likimani
- Draft Diaspora Engagement Policy ready for stakeholders input
- RE: Suhuyini fabricated Bawumia’s supposed tweet on No Borrowing by NPP
- Alhassan Suhuyini fabricated Bawumia's supposed Tweet on 'no borrowing by NPP'
- Parliamentary immunity: Majority Leader urges caution
- Judge throws out Speaker of Parliament immunity letter again
- Read full court ruling: The Republic vrs Mahama Ayariga