Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC), Jean Mensa on Wednesday met former President John Mahama to discuss election-related issues.
The meeting was also attended by the Deputy Commissioner, Dr Eric Bossman Asare and member of the Commission, Adwoa Asuma Abrefi.
Leading figures of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), including Chairman Samuel Ofosu Ampofo and General Secretary, John Asiedu Nketia, also participated in the discussions which centred on a wide range of issues.
“We discussed a wide range of issues of concern to the NDC and the Commission itself. This included the just ended limited registration exercise, implementation of ROPAL, the need for a robust and reliable IT system for the EC.
“We also spoke about gazetting of polling station results of election 2016, which remains outstanding, among others,” Mr Mahama who is also the NDC’s 2020 flagbearer, posted on Facebook.
“On behalf of the NDC, I reminded the Commission that Ghana's electoral process is considered an example and one of the best on the continent of Africa, and this is because of the exchange of ideas and the timely resolution of challenges we face after each and every election.
“I also reiterated the need for the Chairperson and her team to see political parties as active partners in the electioneering process to ensure free, fair and transparent elections,” he wrote.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs
- Treat corruption as high-risk activity – Adwoa Safo
- 'President has killed corruption probe on ex-Maritime Authority boss'
- Ayariga questions Amidu's motive for filing new charges
- Apaak takes on Akufo-Addo, GBA, others for Afoko’s continuous detention