The 3rd Annual National Precision Quality Conference will be held on Friday 9th September 2022 at the Labadi Beach Hotel.
It is under the auspices of the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations, the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) and the Commission for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (CTVET).
The Annual PQ Conference, an initiative of dIGITAL technology Institute (DTI) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, aims to highlight the critical role Precision Quality plays in providing the skills and mindset needed for the production and delivery of high-quality goods and services.
This year’s conference will be under the theme “Using the National Precision Quality Policy Framework to transform the informal sector and create jobs through holistic systems change”.
The 2022 Precision Quality Conference will have the Minister for Employment and Labour Relations, Hon. Ignatius Baffour Awuah as the keynote speaker.
It will also be attended by a broad range of stakeholders, policy makers and business leaders including Rosy Fynn – Country Head Ghana, Mastercard Foundation, Prof Alex Dodoo – President of the African Organization for Standardization (ARSO) and Professor-In-Residence at DTI, Dr Kodjo Mensah-Abrampa – Director General of NDPC, Dr Fred Kyei Asamoah – Director General of CTVET, Prof Ben Honyenuga – Vice Chancellor Ho Technical University, Linda Ampah – Founder and CEO of Cadling Fashions and KAD manufacturing Ltd and Mercy Needjan – President of Greater Accra Market Association.
The panelists and 400 participants covering the youth, females, master crafts persons and workers in the informal sector will deliberate on how Ghanaians can leverage Precision Quality™ to address the issue of poor-quality goods and services and how to address these in order to create jobs for the youth and scale up businesses for growth.
The conference forms part of a three-year “Transforming youth TVET livelihoods for sustainable jobs’’ partnership between DTI and the Mastercard Foundation, as part of the Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy in Ghana. The programme aims to create 40,000 direct and indirect work opportunities for young people in the country.
The conference is strictly by invitation. However, it will be streamed live on Citi FM/TV Facebook pages.
Ms. Constance Elizabeth Swaniker, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of DTI is excited about the upcoming conference which will bring together stakeholders from the public and private sectors. She is confident that through the conference, participants will see the need for a mindset change and adopt new ways of developing and delivering products and services to meet consumer needs while creating jobs for the youth.
She said the theme for the conference is very critical explaining that “there are concerns about poor product quality and service standards in the informal sector hence the need for holistic systems change. We are therefore seeking to use this conference to facilitate the sharing of knowledge, information, and experience among stakeholders in the public and private sectors to brace ourselves with the systems change ahead of the full implementation of the National Quality Policy, the Ghana Standards Authority Act 2022 and the National Precision Quality Policy Framework Document in this era of high-quality standards globally.”
“The Ghana Standards Authority Act, Act 1078 of 2022 and the National Quality Policy will both provide the policy and statutory framework to ensure that goods and services produced in Ghana are designed, produced and supplied in a manner that meets the needs, expectations and requirements of the consumer as well as regulatory authorities in export markets. It is therefore imperative for businesses to be conversant with the policy which among other things aims at improving customer service, increasing productivity, stimulating local production capacity through quality inputs and enhancing employment opportunities,” she added.
During the conference, the youth will be given the opportunity to deliberate on and share their views on youth unemployment and job creation in the form of a manifesto titled the ‘Accra Manifesto on Skills and Jobs for Africa’s Youth’ which will provide a blueprint for creating sustainable jobs through skills acquisition, hands-on training, Precision Quality training and business support services.
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Minority confident of kicking out Ofori-Atta by end of censure motion vote today
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- Suspension of road toll collection was not done legally – Sulemana Briamah
- Ghanaian adults prefer religious and traditional justice systems to formal one – GSS
- Improving rural education: A teacher is giving hope to pupils of Nkwantapong D/A Primary School
- Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolege tearfully announces wife’s burial date
- I am not prepared to fail – Prof. Addai-Mensah tells union executives at KATH
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses market confidence risk and debt restructuring programme
- Censure motion will keep Ministers on their toes – Inusah Fuseini
- Qatar 2022: So close yet so far; Black Stars edition
- D’banj’s arrest is misconceived, malicious — Lawyer
- Censure Motion: Minority failed to gather experts to nail Ken Ofori-Atta – Prof. Gyampo
- Lands Minister commissions centre to track explosive vehicles and excavators
- Broda Harrison releases Christmas EP dubbed Everlasting Father
- My husband doesn’t have time to manage me – Ceccy Twum
- Comedian Funny Face loses father
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri