The Director of Diaspora Affairs at the Office of the President has dispelled claims that the Presidency gave permission for American Rapper, Meek Mill to shoot a video at the Jubilee House.
Akwasi Awua Ababio in an interview on Accra-based Asaase Radio said officials at the Jubilee House were unaware that the ‘Dreams and Nightmares’ hitmaker was shooting visuals when he visited the President.
The Office of the President and the American Rapper were heavily criticised over the weekend after a video published by the latter had various shots from the seat of government.
Although Meek Mill later deleted the said video, many Ghanaians feared that the security of the Jubilee House had been breached.
Clarifying the issue, Mr Ababio said government has learned a bitter lesson from the incident.
“I think that from this Meek Mill video issue, lessons should be learned, because while we do not want to stop Africans from the diaspora from coming here, there must be an understanding of limitations.
“I would say certainly for those who were around at that time, they didn’t know that it was being shot,” he said.
Mr Ababio further added, “The fact is that what makes Ghana so attractive is the fact that we have so much diversity and tolerance here; in respect to religion and belief and especially security.”
Meek Mill has since apologised to the people of Ghana for the video footage that he shot at Jubilee House on December 30, 2022.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- Supreme Court ruling will protect the independence of constitutional bodies – Martin Kpebu
- Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
- Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
- Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
- Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
- MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023
- BECE will not be cancelled – GES Boss
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful steps down
- Ken Ofori-Atta sues Captain Smart ¢10m for defamation
- Deloitte Ghana’s volunteer day impacts 10,000 students
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah