Players in the music industry are mourning the death of US-based Ghanaian Hiplife musician, Scizo.
The artiste who is popularly known for his dexterity in rapping in the Ga dialect was known outside music circles as Joseph Kwame Sogli.
At his peak, Scizo entertained Ghanaians with hit songs such as ‘K3 Shika L3’, ‘1 Stone’ among others mostly under Hammer of The Last Two.
Scizo is reported to have passed on after a short illness in Las Vegas Nevada in the United States where he has been living over the past years.
He has collaborated with other Ghanaian acts including Kwabena Kwabena, Shatta Wale, Tinny and Sarkodie.
Colleague artistes and friends have expressed their condolences following his demise.
Fas3333 our joint got shelved..Nothing but love..You believed in me before the world heard it…Rest well Soldier #Scizo pic.twitter.com/u5fA1vRV0M— Edem Goget’em (@iamedem) January 5, 2022
Scizo from Bless Da Mic days. his tone of his voice when he speaks and how eloquent his ga was! my guy, rest well! 🕊️— Tombolo🖤 (@MutomboDaPoet) January 5, 2022
Rest In Power Scizo pic.twitter.com/LEJxd6z2D4— 侘寂.exe (@Gafacci) January 6, 2022
Oh Scizo ! Rastaman throw one stone— DJ SLY (@IamDjsly) January 5, 2022
You know Scizo was a neighborhood Hero and a Legend if you grew up in La. May his Gentle Soul Rest In Perfect Peace. Tonight we go in hard for our maestro.— Nii Cr7 (@Charway77) January 6, 2022
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Lemonade Finance rebrands to serve customers better
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging