An Anglophone West Africa Regional Training of Trainers Workshop on Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) has opened in Accra, Ghana.
The two-day hybrid workshop, which is being held virtually and by contact, is happening concurrently in Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Nigeria.
Organized by the Programme for Christian-Muslim Relations in Africa (PROCMURA), the workshop is to address the challenges that people face when they choose, change or seek to practice their religions.
Chairperson, PROCMURA Area Committee and PROCMURA Executive Committee Member (Ghana), Rt. Rev. Dr. Nathan I. Samwini, in his overview, said restrictions and violations of individual rights to freedom of religion constituted a challenge for PROCMURA.
He said, the overall objective of the Organisation was to see an African continent, where freedom of religion and all that it entailed became the norm and not the exception.
Area Advisor, Ghana Area Committee, Dr. Makafui Tayviah, indicated that Rev. Dr. Adrake Komi, the General Advisor –PROCMURA, would give the opening remarks.
The participants will then discuss; Knowledge of FoRB, Introduction to FoRB, Christian Faith Perspective of FoRB, Muslim Faith Perspective, Breakaway Sessions, Statement Committee Meeting (Group), and FoRB as a Human Right (Legal Perspective).
On the second day, Dr. Tayviah said, there would be training in skills in promoting FoRB, Constructive Christian-Muslim Relations; A Substantive mechanism for the promotion of FoRB, Towards Increased FoRB for Women, Group Studies, Country Action Plans and Evaluation as well as Government as an Indispensable institution in promoting FoRB for all.
Ghana’s participants include the Rev. Dr. Johnson Mbillah, the PROCMURA Consultant, Representatives from the Christian and Muslim Communities, academia and the media.
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Internal report on CSSPS related corruption ready – Kwasi Kwarteng
- We need to find out if investigation on CSSPS was concluded – Dr. Anti
- We were denied CSSPS data to check public basic schools placement quota – Eduwatch
- GRA taskforce arrests five shopping malls managers for tax infractions
- Ghana free from sleeping sickness
- Forestry Commission demobilises excavator in Atewa Forest
- Emmanuel Owusu: Proposals to operationalise Ghana Financial Stability Fund (GFSF)
- Minority reshuffle: We didn’t consult Caucus for good reasons – Asiedu Nketia
- Chelsea transfer news: Blues bid £105.6m for Enzo Fernandez
- Mr Eazi featured in new star-studded #Boss Campaign
- I Am Investible launches project to create 20k jobs
- Finance Minister’s assurance on DDE welcoming – Individual Bondholders Forum Convenor
- African Development Bank approves $50m and €50m to develop agricultural value chains, improve food security
- ‘We Are One’ promo: The Osei Kuffuors emerge winners of first episode
- DDEP: There will be no punitive action for self-exemption – Individual Bondholders Forum