Residents of the Western Region have expressed appreciation to President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for re-nominating Mr Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah as the Western Regional Minister- designate.
According to them, the re-nomination of the Member of Parliament for Takoradi was a clear attestation to the President’s belief in the capacity of the legislator to perform, they said.
The residents, who could not hide their joy, told the Ghana News Agency in an interview that the Region had seen massive infrastructure development under the first term of the NPP Administration and the leadership of Mr Darko-Mensah.
They mentioned the improvement in economic activities like tourism, business and agriculture, especially under the Planting for Food and Jobs, as well as road infrastructure as some enviable achievements of Mr Darko-Mensah.
Mr Benjamin Arku, the Assembly Member for the Essikafo-Ambantem No.1 Electoral Area in Takoradi, said the President’s re-nomination was appropriate and a clear demonstration of his love for the people of the Region after voting massively for the Party in December 7 general election.
He assured the President that the youth would rally behind the Government and work hard to meet the expectations of the people to secure more seats from the region come 2024.
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- We will no longer be paying ¢0.50 and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister hints at increase
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Phones in the right hand, books in the left – WASSCE vs mobile phones
- George Addo Jnr: Otto Addo leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- SA minister calls on president to resign over scandal
- Kenyan athlete receives Olympic medal 10 years late
- Nigerian star D’banj arrested for youth fund fraud
- Trades Minister celebrates Free Zones Authority, calls for export driven industrialisation
- WhatsApp is adding official support for Meta’s Bitmoji-style avatars
- Iran carries out first execution over anti-government protests
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, December 8, 2022
- GRA boss heaps praises on ICUMS’ E-auction module
- Afriyie-Ankrah’s former students support campaign with billboards
- World Cup 2022: Fifa ‘deeply saddened’ after reported migrant worker death
- Sterling asks FA to look at him returning to Qatar for quarter-final
- GSIA rejects Debt Exchange Programme
- Debt exchange: Our money shouldn’t be touched – UTAG tells government
- Government establishes ¢15bn Ghana Financial Stability Fund
- Putin: Nuclear risk is rising, but we are not mad