Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery will leave the club when his contract with them expires in the summer.
The 36-year-old Frenchman joined Bayern for £17m from Marseille in June 2007 and will leave, along with Dutch winger Arjen Robben, at the end of the season.
“Bayern owes a lot to both of them and we will give them a wonderful and emotional farewell,” said Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
“They’ve helped shape Bayern’s most successful decade.”
Bayern will play a testimonial match for Ribery and Robben in 2020.
Ribery has won the Bundesliga eight times with Bayern and is set to add another title to his collection, with the club four points ahead of second-placed Borussia Dortmund going into the final two games of the season.
Bayern will also play RB Leipzig in the final of the German Cup.
“I don’t have a concrete plan for next season yet,” said Ribery, who also won the 2013 Champions League with the Bavarians.
“I’m not sure where I can go to play football. I will keep playing but nothing is 100% certain yet.”
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Chad President Idriss Deby dies ‘in clashes with rebels’
- Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
There’s no cause for alarm – Linda Dor assures public following reports of robbery
NDC cadre could’ve asked for 2020 election collated figures if interested – Ade Coker to Kunbour
Hacklab 2021 ends with 9 commercially viable AI Solutions
22-year-old sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for defilement
2 suspects arrested for burning 64-year-old woman in North East Region
Derek Chauvin found guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd
CHAG, SafeCare Ghana certify 28 assessors for nationwide evaluation of CHAG facilities
Cargo truck involved in accident at Kadjebi
Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
Brace yourselves for more floods until wetlands are reclaimed – NADMO to Kumasi residents
Oil marketing sector risk collapse over market saturation, unhealthy practices – Oil marketing companies
Re: Linda Dor highway rest stop allays fears of commuters
Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract