Separate robbery incidents on two Mobile Money vendors have been recorded in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis over the weekend.
The incidents left the victims, Joseph Ansah, 21 and John Kofi Abekah, 41, hospitalized at the Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital after receiving some gunshot wounds.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Western Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Olivia Ewurabena Adiku told the Ghana News Agency.
The armed robbers were said to have shot the thighs of their victims and there after bolted with some undisclosed amounts from the two incidents.
Monica Eshun, a sibling of one of the victim’s, reported to the Takoradi Central Police that at about 7.45pm on Friday, her younger brother Joseph Ansah was attacked by two armed men using an unregistered motorbike at Ahenkofi.
Meanwhile, the police has retrieved two live rounds of ammunitions from the crime scene.
A similar situation was recorded at the Takoradi Harbour Taxi Rank, where a mobile vendor was attacked and bags of unspecified amount were taken away.
The Police said the victim, John Kofi Abekah, 41 who tried to chase the robbers was also shot in the thigh.
The two victims are however responding to treatment.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Companies continue to export rosewood to China despite ban – Inusah Fuseini
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Seek economic assistance from IMF to save economy from troubles – Finance Lecturer
Woman breaks record as she delivers 9 babies at a goal
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa: Earlier generations used our secondary school system to foster unity
CAF postpones FIFA World Cup African qualifiers
Australian mother convicted of killing her 4 children petitions for a pardon
NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
Ghana Rising: Outlook on Ghana’s promising future as a 21st Century economy
GNAT urged to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers
I have been running from the Elder position for almost 3years – Sam George
263 died through road accidents in April alone – MTTD reveals
Chelsea “feel good” about facing Man City in Champions League final – Thomas Tuchel
Kofi Tweneboah: #FixTheCountry – This is your chance to take a stand, fellow youth
Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon Presec, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Bright Simons joins Salzburg Global’s Board of Directors
Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
#FixTheCountry: Any Ghanaian who has a problem with campaign must have citizenship revoked – Sam George