Cristiano Ronaldo scored the 600th club goal of his career as Serie A champions Juventus drew with Inter Milan.
Ronaldo’s low strike, following a back-heel from team-mate Miralem Pjanic, brought Juventus level at the San Siro.
Radja Nainggolan had given the hosts the lead with a spectacular 25-yard volley after Matteo Politano’s flick.
Ronaldo has now scored 27 goals for Juventus after five for Sporting Lisbon, 118 at Manchester United and 450 for Real Madrid.
His 600th career club goal came on the same day as Lionel Messi scored his 598th Barcelona goal, during their match against Levante.
Juventus may well have already won Italy’s Serie A title but that did not stop Inter fans from mocking their rivals.
Before Saturday’s game, Inter fans held up a mosaic that spelled out ‘game over’, a reference to Juventus’ shock 3-2 aggregate loss to Ajax in the quarter-finals of the Champions League earlier this month.
Nainggolan continued the party mood with a stunning volley to give Inter a first-half lead, but Juventus had the last laugh with Ronaldo’s 62nd-minute equaliser.
Juventus, who clinched the Serie A title with a 2-1 win over Fiorentina on 20 April, now hold a 21-point lead over second-placed Napoli.
The top four sides qualify for next season’s Champions League and Inter, who finished third behind Barcelona and Tottenham in this year’s group stage, are third in Serie A, six points clear of city rivals AC Milan in fifth spot.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Bernard Nyarko’s family visits his grave to mark 1st year of his passing
U.S. Ambassador launches $19m activity to boost Agriculture Finance in Ghana under Global Food Security Strategy
Sparrow Pictures introduces all new Sparrow Station apps
Collective efforts needed to fight galamsey – Kwadaso MP
Businesses face high operating costs due to fuel price increases, others
Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
GSE gives 4 firms time to submit 2020 financial statements
Ed Sheeran to sponsor Ipswich Town shirts
Harith launches $200m Top-Up Fund
Man Utd trophy will show progress – Fernandes
‘Big step forward’ if Arsenal make final – Arteta
Woman breaks record as she delivers 9 babies at a go
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa: Earlier generations used our secondary school system to foster unity
CAF postpones FIFA World Cup African qualifiers
Australian mother convicted of killing her 4 children petitions for a pardon
NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions