Cristiano Ronaldo’s partner has revealed the name of their newborn daughter is Bella Esmeralda.
Georgina Rodriguez posted a picture of the baby in her cot – and apparently smiling – on Instagram on Saturday afternoon.
She’s pictured in a designer baby grow by Moschino and the caption includes a green heart and “180422” for her birth date.
The image received more than two million likes in just one hour.
Bella’s male twin died during the birth on 18 April, with the Manchester United and Portugal star writing that it was the “greatest pain that any parents can feel”.
“Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness,” he said on Instagram.
It led to an outpouring of support from fellow players and fans, and Ronaldo later thanked Liverpool fans for a minute’s applause held at Anfield.
Ronaldo already has a four-year-old daughter with Ms Rodriguez, as well as three other children.
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Ukraine war: Russia warns US of direct military clash risk
- Help take partisanship out of galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo to National House of Chiefs
- Green Edition of ‘Rhythms on Da Runway 2022’ launched
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to get broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- Africa needs a plan to win World Cup – Asamoah Gyan
- Playback: Akufo-Addo meets House of Chiefs and MMDCEs over galamsey in Kumasi
- Driving Schools Association to publish list of approved institutions
- Sex for grades is corruption – Buhari
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Ghana wins ICAO Council Seat
- Debt restructuring conundrum and finding the right elucidation
- Kofi Kyereh picks Nigeria cameo as best individual performance
- GSE attains full membership status at World Federation of Exchanges
- Will we ever get it right?