Twenty (20) communities within the Obuasi Municipal, Obuasi East and Adansi Akrofuom Districts are to benefit from 60 household microflush toilets and 19 boreholes from the Rotary Club of Obuasi.
Officials say the Obuasi club has partnered with Rotary Club of Montreal in Canada and some major donors from USA to support needy communities in Africa.
President-elect of Rotary Club of Obuasi, Sarwan Kumar, reveals plans to build Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit in Obuasi to deal with Neo-natal deaths in the next Rotary year. He bemoaned the surge in Neo-natal deaths which he said calls for all hands on deck to stem the tide.
Rotarian Kumar said, “the rotarians in Obuasi are committed to help the less privileged in the society, the reason for provision of the boreholes and toilet facilities to the communities.”
He said this at a short ceremony held at Adukroba in the Adansi Akrofuom District to officially cut sod for the commencement of the projects.
District Chief Executive for Akrofuom, Jonas Maurice Woode, praised the Rotary Club for partnering Government in provision of basic amenities to the people. He said the projects will go a long way to improve the living conditions of the beneficiary communities.
He therefore appealed to the communities to help maintain the facilities once they are completed to enable them serve future generations.
Antwi Boasiako who represented the Odikro of Adukroba, on behalf of the beneficiary communities pledged to maintain the facilities and manage it well for the benefit of the people.
Rotary International is an international service organization formed in 1905. Its stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world.
It is a non-political and non-religious organization open to all. There are over 35,000 member clubs worldwide, with a membership of 1.2 million individuals, known as Rotarians.
The Rotary Club of Obuasi was established in June, 2019 and has since been supporting individuals and communities in and around Obuasi.
- ‘You will not be Attorney General forever’ – Jinapor to Godfred Dame
- Parliament to pass stringent law to fight activities of LGBTQI+ – Bagbin
- Controversial Judgment Debt: Power Purchasing Agreement between Ghana and GPGC explained
- Kenneth Awotwe Darko: ‘I made a career out of telling stories of my pain’ – Why Omar Sterling’s album was worth the wait
- Xavier-Sosu introduces bill to secure compensation for victims of unlawful arrest, detention or conviction
- GPL wrap: Kotoko reclaim top spot after victory over Karela, Dreams climb into top 4
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Judgment Debt saga: Nature of Power Purchasing Agreement signed exposed government to financial loss – AG
- Judgment debt saga: Ghana would have paid $1.76bn if the agreement was not terminated – Attorney General
- WAEC taking us to court over findings unfortunate – Africa Education Watch
2 siblings who brandished guns in viral video granted bail for causing fear and alarm
Luv FM High School Debate: Prempeh College and St. Monica’s for the finals
Britney Spears speaks out against ‘abusive’ conservatorship at hearing
Volta Star Textile Limited inaugurates local union executives
I advocated introduction of Afrobeats category at VGMA – Kelvyn Boy
Recording studios were hard to find when I started music – Yaw Sarpong
Vien Health launched in Ghana to digitally ease doctor-patient access
Toddler feared drowned in Kumasi flood
Euros On MGL: Full last 16 line up as England face Germany
Euros On MGL: Germany book England last-16 date after Hungary draw
Okyeman accuses police of aiding sand winning in Akyem Abuakwa
Officialdom should not engage in lawlessness – Dafeamekpor on removal of DCOP Opare Addo
Tullow Ghana commissions 16-unit dormitory for Nsein SHS
Tullow Ghana urged to adopt Nsien SHS as flagship school
John McAfee: Anti-virus creator found dead in prison cell