Dozens of notable personalities from across various spheres commiserated with highlife legend, Kojo Antwi on Saturday, February 11, 2023.
The maestro, as he is popularly known, announced on January 2, that he had lost his father, Opanin Kwadwo Asiamah Asubonten.
Opanin Kwadwo Asiamah Asubonten died peacefully at home surrounded by his family. He died at the age of 104.
Sarkodie & Mr Drew at Ghana’s revered HighLife legend, Kojo Antwi, late dad’s burial service. pic.twitter.com/bFUGfQwYkr— AccraGuy 🇬🇭 (@AccraGuyy) February 11, 2023
At the 40 Days Observation earlier today, popular figures such as Sarkodie, Mr Drew, Kwaku Kyei Darkwah (KKD), among others were seen.
Top security officials including the Inspector-General of the Ghana Police Service, George Akuffo Dampare also graced the occasion.
In a tribute dedicated to his father some days ago, Kojo Antwi wrote “My heart is saddened by your departure, my dear father. You lived a full life and lived it well. Your widow mourns you. All 17 of your children mourn you.”
“We are all little branches of the mighty tree that you were in this life. You did the best you could for your family. I may not have understood you as a child but I have appreciated and celebrated you since becoming an adult,” he noted.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Let’s keep the bond between Muslims and the Manhyia Palace – Otumfuo
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Deputy Foreign Minister pays tribute to UN Peacekeepers
- MTN named number 1 African brand doing good for people and planet
- 16 feared dead, dozens injured in Gomoa Akyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Ghana confronts major challenges in energy sector, proposes reforms in IMF Programme
- Ghana Immigration Service promotes 4 officers involved in Bawku rescue mission
- Philadelphia Eagles support Imhotep to launch stem water project in Ghana
- Ghana expected to reach moderate risk of debt distress by 2028 – IMF
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- South Africa clears way for Putin’s visit in immunity notice
- Frank Acheampong’s goal and assists inspire Shenzhen FC to comeback win
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer reaches verbal agreement to sign for Augsburg – Report
- About 2.4 million Ghanaians are living with diabetes
- Man prises crocodile’s jaws off his head at Australian resort