Over 15 passengers have been seriously injured in an accident at Gomoa Nyamebekyere on the Kasoa Cape Coast Highway in the Central Region.
The accident occurred near the Gomoa Dominase onion market on Friday evening in a collision involving a Ford with a Tipper truck.
Preliminary investigations by the Winneba Municipal Fire service indicate that the Ford with the registration number GE 7270-17 was travelling from Takoradi to Accra.
The driver made a wrongful overtaking and collided with the tipper which was coming from the opposite direction.
In an interview with Adom News, the officer in charge of the rescue team from the Winneba Municipal Fire service station, Jude Oppong Manu, confirmed the incident.
He said the driver of the Ford was stuck in his car for an hour due to the impact of the crash but was rescued and rushed to the Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital together with other passengers.
The officer entreated drivers plying on the Kasoa Cape Coast Highway to avoid unnecessary overtaking to save lives and property.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Fear as Jamie Foxx left ‘paralyzed, blind’ from ‘brain clot’
- Kizz Daniels welcomes third child
- Jose Mourinho charged for using abusive language towards official at Europa League final
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director
- Many Ghanaian girls have made sex cheap – Akuapem Poloo
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Coronation of King Charles III: How UK in Ghana marked the event
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- US Embassy to help scale up Zipline’s operations after its impact in Ghana
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank