Audio By Carbonatix
Attorneys for embattled musician and producer Sean “Diddy” Combs are asking a New York court to throw out portions of a civil suit accusing the rapper and mogul of sexual assault and revenge porn.
In a motion filed Friday in the State of New York courts, Combs’ attorneys raised procedural issues with a suit filed last year against the artist and his company Bad Boy Records by Joi Dickerson-Neal, who said she was “intentionally drugged” by Combs and sexually assaulted when she was a college student in 1991. Around the time, she had appeared with Combs in a music video, per the suit.
The lawsuit also alleged Combs had filmed the sexual assault and shown it to others, claiming that days after the alleged assault, a male friend revealed to Dickerson he had viewed a video of it.
In response to the initial suit, a spokesperson for Combs said the allegations are “made up and not credible,” discrediting the accusations as “purely a money grab.”
In their motion filed Friday, attorneys for Combs doubled down on their denial, calling Dickerson-Neal’s allegations “false, offensive, and salacious,” and asked a judge to dismiss portions of the suit, claiming certain allegations against Combs “were brought under statutes that did not exist at the time the alleged misconduct occurred.” They also wrote that allegations against Combs’ company should be dismissed as the company did not exist at the time of the alleged incident.
Since November, Combs has faced six separate civil lawsuits alleging sexual assault or other allegations – with one lawsuit since settled. Combs has denied any wrongdoing.
Last month, federal agents in Los Angeles and Miami executed search warrants at properties owned by Combs, who is the target of a federal criminal probe, a law enforcement source told CNN. A separate law enforcement source said the searches were part of an ongoing sex trafficking investigation. Combs’ attorney, Aaron Dyer, criticized the searches as “a gross overuse of military-level force.”
Representatives for Combs had no additional comment on this latest motion when reached by CNN.
Latest Stories
-
Dominic Nitiwul criticises President Mahama over absence of Defence Minister after Burkina attack
9 minutes -
GhISP strengthens GVCA-led efforts to expand capital access for local SMEs
43 minutes -
Ghana’s security exposed by Defence Ministry vacancy – Nitiwul
1 hour -
MOBA commences historic 150th anniversary celebration rooted in faith and national service
1 hour -
MiDA calls on chiefs to free land for President Mahama’s project
1 hour -
Timing Trouble: Why Mexico friendly threatens Ghana’s World Cup readiness
1 hour -
GHS issues new security, patient care directives after Mamprobi baby theft
2 hours -
Gov’t urged to provide psychological support for victims following foreign national scandal
2 hours -
Forty Under 40 Africa Summit declares ‘End of African Apology’ at Accra gathering
2 hours -
Ghana remains 4th in Africa with highest debt to IMF
2 hours -
Minerals Commission revokes over 300 licences in push to reclaim Ghanaian control of mining sector
2 hours -
2026 UG Corporate Games: Ghana Civil Aviation Authority secures big win
2 hours -
No extradition treaty makes justice for Russian suspect difficult – Criminologist
2 hours -
Speaker faults NDC, NPP over absence of female candidates in Ayawaso East by-election
3 hours -
“We are not creating a parallel financial system”-BoG Governor on Virtual Asset regulation
3 hours
