There is shortage in the supply of eggs in Kumasi, amid a proposed 30 percent increase in the price of the nutritional commodity.
Demand for eggs has shot up but supply is low, despite the hike in price..
Wholesalers and retailers of eggs say getting supply from poultry farms has been hectic in recent days.
Poultry farmers are unable to meet demands because they are unable to obtain feed, not to mention its high cost.
Poultry farmers have announced prices will soon go up, but retailers and consumers say prices have already been increased.
Inadequate feed and high cost of doing business are reasons for the hike in price.
A wholesaler, Cynthia Adjei, said they are compelled to pass on cost when poultry farmers increase the price of eggs.
According to her, “any price increase affects sales.” Achiaa, an egg retailer, said “it has been difficult getting eggs to buy.”
Meanwhile, the Bakers Association in Kumasi says hikes in prices of eggs and other essential ingredients would affect the price of bread.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue