South Dayi MP, Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor, has sued government over the Community Day Senior High School project he claims has been abandoned.
This project took off in 2013 as part of the John Mahama-led government’s plan to build 200 Community Day SHSs between 2013 and 2016.
The MP said at that time Mr Mahama left office, 46 of the schools had been commissioned and ready for use.
He alleges that sometime in August, 2021, the Minister of Education stated that despite completion, not all the schools were in use.
He contends in his writ that the current government has refused to continue with the project to build two hundred community Senior High Schools and failed to utilise all the completed schools.
This he believes constitutes misuse and waste of public funds and property. He is, therefore, asking for the following reliefs from the High Court.
a. A declaration that the Defendant’s failure to continue and complete the project to build two hundred community senior high schools, constitutes a misuse and waste of public funds and property and is in contravention of Articles 35(7) and 41(f) of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana.
b. A declaration that the Defendant’s failure to make use of all the 46 community SHS constructed by the previous government constitutes a misuse and waste of public funds and property and is in contravention of Articles 35(7) and 41(f) of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana.
c. An order directing the Government of Ghana to complete the project to build two hundred community Senior High Schools within a reasonable time.
d. An order directing the Government of Ghana to utilize all the 46 community Senior High Schools for teaching and learning.
e. Costs including legal fees.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Lack of support continues to affect the effective management of mental health conditions –MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten
- Kantamanto fire: Interior Minister commiserates with affected traders
- Minority fumes over Ofori-Atta’s absence during debate on 2023 Budget
- Northern Development Forum questions delay in construction of Pwalugu Multipurpose Dam
- Playback: PM Express discuss employment freeze in public sector
- Shut down market operations during fire safety education – Bureau of Public Safety Boss