President Akufo-Addo has named Ledzokuku MP, Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye as his Deputy Health Minister-designate.
His predecessor, Alexander Abban, has now been appointed the Deputy Communications Minister, replacing Vincent Sowah Odotei who is also the MP for La Dadekotopon.
These were contained in a release signed by Communications Director at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin, on Monday, April 6.
The statement said “President Akufo-Addo thanks Hon. Sowah Odotei for his services to the country and wishes him well in his future endeavours.”
The reshuffle is happening at a time government is strategising to combat the surge in the new coronavirus infections in the country.
Ghana currently has recorded 214 confirmed cases with five deaths while some 31 others are said to have recovered from the viral infection also known as Covid-19.
Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye is currently the Board Chair of Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
Profile of Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye
The 38-year-old medical doctor was elected into Parliament on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in 2016 after he defeated the incumbent, Benita Okiti-Duah of the then governing National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Prior to his entry into Parliament, Oko-Boye was a medical officer at the Ledzokuku Krowor Municipal Assembly (LEKMA) Hospital in Accra.
Bernard Okoe-Boye is a graduate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), where he read medicine.
He is currently the Board Chairman of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, the nation’s largest medical facility.
Oko-Boye is an old student of the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School (Presec-Legon) where he completed his secondary school education in the year 2000.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
- Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
- Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
- Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
- MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023
- BECE will not be cancelled – GES Boss
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful steps down
- Ken Ofori-Atta sues Captain Smart ¢10m for defamation
- Deloitte Ghana’s volunteer day impacts 10,000 students
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah
- Assin North by-election: NDC will not win with sympathy votes – Nana Boakye