The Ghana Beach Soccer Association wants to construct a Sports Arena in 2018, according to President Yaw Ampofo Ankrah.
Despite being the only nation running double tier leagues on the continent, Beach Soccer is yet to have its own place where games will be honoured.
This year has been a quiet year for the sport, but Ampofo Ankrah is confident of a revival with the construction of an arena.
‘’Be assured that in 2018, God willing, we will also have a beach soccer arena, which will cater to not just beach soccer, but for beach volleyball, other beach sports like beach wrestling, which is very popular especially in Senegal, beach athletics, beach tennis.’’ He told Joy Sports
‘’The arena, the facility could also be used for entertainment and other events to bring money to the community, you know, to the youth.
There is the possibility of engagements. We need to look at the bigger picture after doing the same thing for so many years with little success.’’
I’m also not happy with the slow pace, but we have to do things right and I think once the blueprint is out and we all have a look at it we would understand that we are trying to go in the positive direction.’’
The arena is likely to be situated at La, Accra.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: A wildcard that can improve Barcelona
- 'Messi the best in every world' – Boateng turns back on Ronaldo allegiances
- Ronaldo accepts €18.8m deal over tax evasion
- Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City player on missing plane
- Tsitsipas reaches Australian Open semi-finals
- New Barcelona signing Boateng 'a little sad' to leave Sassuolo
- Boateng becomes first Ghanaian, 14th African to join Barcelona
- OFFICIAL: Barcelona announce loan signing of Kevin-Prince Boateng
- Boateng confirms surprise move to Barcelona
- Barcelona to sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo
- Serena Williams knocks out Simona Halep in epic Australian Open clash
- CAF CC: Kotoko draw Al Hilal, Zesco and Nkana in group stage
- CAF CL: Sundowns beat Wydad as Mazembe lose in Algeria
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2
- CAF CC: Kotoko players to receive $500 each qualification bonus