The Ghana Beach Soccer Association wants to construct a Sports Arena in 2018, according to President Yaw Ampofo Ankrah.
Despite being the only nation running double tier leagues on the continent, Beach Soccer is yet to have its own place where games will be honoured.
This year has been a quiet year for the sport, but Ampofo Ankrah is confident of a revival with the construction of an arena.
‘’Be assured that in 2018, God willing, we will also have a beach soccer arena, which will cater to not just beach soccer, but for beach volleyball, other beach sports like beach wrestling, which is very popular especially in Senegal, beach athletics, beach tennis.’’ He told Joy Sports
‘’The arena, the facility could also be used for entertainment and other events to bring money to the community, you know, to the youth.
There is the possibility of engagements. We need to look at the bigger picture after doing the same thing for so many years with little success.’’
I’m also not happy with the slow pace, but we have to do things right and I think once the blueprint is out and we all have a look at it we would understand that we are trying to go in the positive direction.’’
The arena is likely to be situated at La, Accra.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support
- Solskjaer will get financial backing to 'create success' at Man United
- Thomas Partey could join Inter, claims agent
- Man City referred to UEFA judicial chamber over alleged FFP breaches
- FIFA seeks a billion World Cup viewers to boost women's game
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko end winless run as Hearts qualify for semi-finals
- Black Stars technical team donates to Teshie Children's Home