The Ghana Beach Soccer Association wants to construct a Sports Arena in 2018, according to President Yaw Ampofo Ankrah.
Despite being the only nation running double tier leagues on the continent, Beach Soccer is yet to have its own place where games will be honoured.
This year has been a quiet year for the sport, but Ampofo Ankrah is confident of a revival with the construction of an arena.
‘’Be assured that in 2018, God willing, we will also have a beach soccer arena, which will cater to not just beach soccer, but for beach volleyball, other beach sports like beach wrestling, which is very popular especially in Senegal, beach athletics, beach tennis.’’ He told Joy Sports
‘’The arena, the facility could also be used for entertainment and other events to bring money to the community, you know, to the youth.
There is the possibility of engagements. We need to look at the bigger picture after doing the same thing for so many years with little success.’’
I’m also not happy with the slow pace, but we have to do things right and I think once the blueprint is out and we all have a look at it we would understand that we are trying to go in the positive direction.’’
The arena is likely to be situated at La, Accra.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams