The Premier League Board has confirmed in a statement that the Ghana Premier League is to go on a one month break to pave way for the MTN FA Cup as well as allow the Black Stars B to prepare for the upcoming CHAN qualifiers with Burkina Faso.
Below is the full statement.
The Ghana Premier League is to go on a month break to allow the quarter finals of the MTN FA Cup to be honoured, as well as pave way for handlers of the Black Stars Team B to prepare adequately for the 2018 CAF CHAN qualifiers with Burkina Faso.
The quarter finals of the MTN FA Cup will be honoured this weekend, and the Black Stars B Team, which is made up of players from the domestic league, will commence a one week residential camping ahead of their two-leg qualifiers with Burkina Faso, which will be played over a two-week period in August.
The Premier League returns with Match Day 25 and Match Day 26 on August 27 and August 30 respectively, before it goes on another three-week break in September to allow the Black Stars B to prepare and participate in the Ghana 2017 WAFU Tournament.
Meanwhile all outstanding matches, including matches involving Asante Kotoko, will be cleared within the one month break.
A second medical review from Asante Kotoko to the GFA/PLB on Tuesday July 25, 2017, has indicated that Kotoko will be medically ready to play by August 6, 2017.
Below are the dates for the outstanding matches:
Sunday July 30, 2017 - Ashantigold vrs WAFA in Obuasi.
Sunday August 6, 2017 - Kumasi Asante Kotoko vrs Accra Hearts of Oak in Kumasi
Wednesday August 23, 2017 - WAFA vrs Kumasi Asante Kotoko in Sogakope.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe