Live Now Foundation, a non-governmental organization committed to quality education and sports development, has begun a series of campaigns to address the fallen standard of sports among school children within the Akuapem North Municipality.
As part of activities to address the challenge, the foundation has organised and supported a sports festival among basic schools in Tinkong, Okorase and Konko zones.
The schools competed in Athletics, Soccer, Volleyball and Netball for both boys and girls in the under 13 and 15 divisions for primary and Junior High Schools respectively.
The event which took place at Tinkong saw Tinkong zone adjudged overall winner while Konko and Okorase zones took the 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
Tinkong M.A JHS took home 4 trophies, Methodist primary 2 trophies and Nyamebekyere and Assemblies of God won a trophy each.
The event was graced by the development chief of Tinkong, Nana Kwadwo Siaw I and the country director for Live Now Foundation, Henry Dekyem.
Mr. Dekyem who presented trophies to deserving schools called for the need to revive of sports competition among Ghanaian schools. He pledged to sustain the foundation’s support to quality education and sports development in the country.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition