Ghana Football Association (GFA) President, Kwesi Nyantakyi has said Ghana premier league clubs that prevent television coverage of their matches will from next season suffer points deduction.
Nyantakyi made this known on the final day of the GFA's three-day summit, held in Cape Coast to strategise and find a way forward for Ghana football.
According to Nyantakyi, his outfit is committed to protecting the rights of sponsors and so any club that goes contrary to the rules by preventing television rights holders StarTimes from covering their matches live shall forfeit the points for that particular game.
Mr. Nyantakyi said "We are going to apply sanctions on clubs infringing on the rights of our sponsors.
"So Clubs that prevent our television rights owners, StarTimes from telecasting their matches will lose the points for that game.
"We saw last season that some clubs prevented StarTimes from telecasting their matches and all these shall be punishable by points deduction if they happen again."
It would be recalled that Aduana Stars and Bechem United stopped StarTimes from telecasting their fixtures against Asante Kotoko and Olympics respectively last season.
This has compelled the GFA President to announce that any club that repeats such unprofessional act will be punished.
He believes that this would ensure that the act becomes a thing of the past.
The three-day summit saw the Executive Committee of the GFA and other key stakeholders in the discipline attending.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship