Online sports betting company Betway Ghana as part of getting their customers in tune with the current trend of the game organised a programme dubbed the "preview launch of FIFA 18".
Betway Ghana gave its Ghanaian fans an experiential feel of the FIFA 18 at its concept store in Accra ahead of FIFA 18's official release date set for Friday, September 29.
The event which came off on Wednesday night at their concept store in Accra saw some of their customers win respective prizes.
Roy Addo walked away with a brand new FIFA 18 and a video game console.
The FIFA 18, which is likely to be one of the biggest-selling games of 2017, will have Real Madrid and Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo as its cover star.
The event which preceded Wednesday's round of matches in the UEFA Champions League was created to give Betway customers a unique opportunity to preview the Fifa 18 ahead of the official launch on September 29.
Marketing Manager for Betway Ghana, Kwabena Oppong-Nkrumah, said FIFA games have a huge following in Ghana and the historical launch of the FIFA 18 in Ghana is an indication of the game further gaining grounds among young Ghanaians.
“FIFA games are unquestionably one of the most popular games among young gamers in Ghana, providing exciting leisure for even young corporate people.
"Betway Ghana is, therefore, making this historical launch in recognition of the importance of the FIFA games in the country”, he said.
Ridwan, one of the many teeming fans who had a go with the FIFA 18, said, "the FIFA 18 is the real deal for all football gaming fans, the experience is really cool and the graphics are on point”. “I am really excited and I look forward to getting one for myself soon.”
The FIFA 18 is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Gamers who download the trial version of the FIFA 18 will be entered into a contest for a chance to win a trip for two to Bernabeu Stadium to watch a Real Madrid match.
Despite its massive improvement in user experience, FIFA 18 retains all the previous game modes, including the single-player Journey campaign introduced last year, as well as Career Mode and FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT).
Some of the fans also took home prizes for participating in a promo as they watched the champions league games.
Betway Ghana, aside offering the best of gaming offering to clients, continues to support sports development in Ghana.
Betway Ghana also ran the Betway Talent Search to discover unsigned talent in Ghana while offering many aspiring footballers the opportunity to play the best of scouts and coaches for possible professional offers.
The company continues to make a strong and targeted investment in both customer experience and sports.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash