The Akwamuhene has told boxing champion Isaac Dogboe to treat his wounds and come back to the boxing ring stronger than before.
Odeneho Kwafo Akoto III, in a release issued Tuesday, December 18, told the young fighter, though he suffered defeat and lost the WBO Super Bantamweight title to Emmanuel Navarrete, he [Isaac Dogboe] is undefeated.
Isaac Dogboe suffered his first ever defeat in his professional boxing career on December 8. He faced off with Mexico’s Emmanuel Navarrete in New York. The judges scores 115-113,116-112,116-112 were all in favour of Navarrete.
“I named you "Okofo" (The Warrior) for a reason. And like a warrior, it’s your time to retreat from the battlefield, tend your wounds, give your body some rest and come back stronger,” Odeneho Kwafo Akoto III stated.
He stated he was proud of Dogboe for putting in his best in the fight against Navarrete.
Read full release:
My son, when I watched your interview after the fight a few days ago, I saw a dignified young man, magnanimous in acknowledgement of his opponent and gracious in defeat but certainly undefeated.
With your character, you portrayed the very best of your Ghanaian upbringing and heritage.
I wondered then as I wonder now, whether the pride I felt would have been as intense if you had won the fight.
I named you "Okofo" (The Warrior) for a reason. And like a warrior, it’s your time to retreat from the battlefield, tend your wounds, give your body some rest and come back stronger.
Accept this episode as a signal that your strategy requires evaluation and once adjusted, like the 'Royal Storm' you are, move with purpose toward your coveted goal.
We believe in you. We are proud of you. We support you.
Odeneho Kwafo Akoto III
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele