National Sports Authority Board Chairman, Kwadwo Baah Agyemang has cautioned Ghana against bidding for the hosting rights of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations after Cameroon were stripped off by the Confederation of African Football(Caf) last week.
Caf explained that its decision was because of delays in the progress of Cameroon's preparation for the tournament, due to start in June.
They have since opened a fresh bidding process for countries interested in hosting the tournament.
And since the announcement, there have been calls for Ghana to put in a bid after successfully hosting this year's Women's Africa Cup of Nations from November 17 to December 1.
However, Agyeman, a former Member of Parliament for Asante Akyem North, has dismissed those calls and insists government remains focused on hosting 2023 All Africa Games.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“Ghana is not ready to host a 24-nation tournament,” he said.
"Just a few days ago, we were done with the 8-team AWCON. I am not saying we don't have the needed facilities. But when you look at the timeframe and the facilities that are at our disposal now, there is a lot of work to be done.”
“We should bear in mind that, there is a bigger platform that is available for Ghana in 2023, that is the All African Games. If we have any planning or any spending or any expenditure or any development of our facilities, that is what I think we should be looking at not just rushing to grab anything,” he added.
Morocco have been touted as potential hosts with South Africa reportedly interested in hosting the tournament.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues