Mr. Herbert Mensah, President and Board Chairman of Ghana Rugby, has praised Mr. Hayssam Fahkry and his company, Interplast Ghana, for their long-standing relationship and support for Ghana Rugby.
In a meeting held at the Ghana Rugby Secretariat in Osu-Accra Mr. Mensah noted, the achievements of Ghana rugby would not have been possible without the support of corporate sponsors such as Interplast Limited.
“I have to reach out and thanked my good friend, Hayssam Fahkry of Interplast, for not only his support to Ghana Rugby since 2014 but also for assisting the Union to help out with the enormous medical costs incurred in trying to save the rugby career of Rafatu Inusah, a Board Member and the driver behind Women In Rugby in Ghana,” Mensah said.
Inusah tore an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and had to be sent to South Africa for ACL reconstruction, a surgical tissue graft replacement of the ACL located in the knee to restore its function after an injury she incurred earlier in the year.
Also present in the meeting were Mr. Steve Noi, Board Member and Tournament Commissioner, and Emmanuel Kalos, the co-captain of the Ghana Rugby Men’s Sevens team.
A Ghana Rugby Eagles, as the Ghana Rugby National Rugby Team is known, team jersey branding the Interplast logo was presented to Mr. Fahkry.
Mensah said that the support by Mr. Fakhry and Interplast helped Ghana Rugby to amass a series of memorable achievements since his administration took over in June of 2014.
“Ghana Rugby managed to, in fewer than four years, host and win two Rugby Africa Men’s Fifteens tournaments, become Full Members of World Rugby and managed to enter the Rugby Africa Men’s Sevens Cup tournament.
With the support of Interplast and other companies such as the Pan African Equipment Group, the Gino brands, the Golden Tulip Accra and others Ghana Rugby has set its sights on the global stage of World Rugby for both men and women,” Mensah continued to say.
Ghana Rugby will be competing in the Rugby Africa Silver Cup towards the middle of next year as well as in the 2019 Rugby Men’s Sevens tournament that will serve as Olympic Qualifier.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- EPL Wrap: Man City return to top, Spurs grab late winner
- Defender Smalling signs new Man Utd contract
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Caf confirms bids from SA and Egypt
- CAF CC: Kotoko hold Kariobangi to goalless draw in first leg
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow