Ghanaian striker Bernard Tekpetey has joined German second-tier side SC Paderborn from Bundesliga club Schalke 04.
The 20-year-old has penned a three-year contract with Paderborn and is expected to join the team's pre-season in the coming days.
"Bernard can be used on the offence in multiple positions because he is both-footed and quick-thinking. He has a tremendous dynamic, high game intelligence and brings very good technical skills. Through his commitment, we are even more flexible in the offensive," Paderborn CEO Markus Krösche said about the transfer.
Tekpetey joined Schalke from Unistar Academy in Ghana in 2016. However, he found it difficult breaking into the senior team, featuring only three times in all competitions.
In the first round of the 2017/2018 season, Tekpetey was loaned to the Austrian Bundesliga side SCR Altach, where he made 10 appearances and scored a goal.
Tekpetey was called up to the Ghana national football team for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations. He made his debut for Ghana in the 1-0 loss to Egypt.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan