Chelsea edged into the semi-finals of the Europa League on Wednesday thanks to a nervy 4-3 win over Slavia Prague.
The Blues led 1-0 from the first leg last week and got off to the perfect start when Pedro finished off a glorious team move to open the scoring after just five minutes.
The Spaniard was then involved in doubling the lead when he missed from yards out, only to see his shot come back off the post and hit defender Simon Deli before nestling in the net.
Olivier Giroud completed a perfect opening period when he tapped in a third and even though Slavia’s returning captain Tomas Soucek headed in for the visitors Pedro made it four just a minute after that.
However after the break Chelsea fell to pieces as Petr Sevcik beat Kepa Arrizabalaga at his near post and then fired an unstoppable effort past the home keeper in a stunning salvo.
The visitors brought on former Blue Miroslav Stoch but they were unable to find any more goals and Chelsea progress despite conceding three goals at home for the first time in the Europa League.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal