Hellas Verona announced that Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu is in hospital after he was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism – a blood clot in the lungs.
The statement confirmed the 28-year-old Ghana international is being kept in at the Sacro Cuore hospital in Negrar for treatment and further tests following “a pulmonary microembolism incident.
“The player’s conditions are good and he will remain under observation for a few days.”
This is a small blood clot in the lung, which can be extremely serious, even fatal, if not treated.
Badu joined Verona last month on loan with an option to buy from Udinese.
He spent the 2017-18 campaign on loan at Bursaspor.
More Sports Headlines
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa