Ghana coach Jimmy Cobblah has named his final 21-man squad for the 2019 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Niger which starts this weekend.
The former Wa All Stars and Inter Allies trainer left out 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup star Emmanuel Toku from the squad after the midfielder failed to join in Niamey for pre-tournament training.
Only four from the Black Starlets team which finished second at the 2017 Africa U-17 Championship in Gabon made the cut.
They are goalkeeper Danlad Ibrahim, Ibrahim Sulley, Ibrahim Sadiq and Mohammed Kudus who will wear the iconic No.10 jersey.
Tanzania-based Enoch Atta Agyei is the only player based on the continent to be included in the squad.
The Black Satellites are hoping to win the competition for the first time since 2009.
Ghana will face Burkina Faso in their opening match on Sunday.
Ghana's squad and numbers
Goalkeepers: 1. Danlad Ibrahim (Asante Kotoko, Ghana), 16. Nurudeen Abdul Manaf ( Eupen, Belgium), 21. Frederick Asare ( Accra Lions FC)
Defenders: 2. Nathaniel Adjei (Danbort), 3. Fard Ibrahim (Vejle, Denmark), 4. Maxwell Arthur (Dreams FC, Ghana), 12. Montari Kamahini (Dreams FC), 13. Michael Baidoo ( Midtjylland, Denmark), 15. Ishaku Konda (LASK Linz, Austria), 20. Gideon Mensah (Nordsjalland, Denmark)
Midfielders: 5.Sabit Abdulai (UD Extremadura, Spain), 6. Ibrahim Sulley (Rising Star, Ghana), 7.Emmanuel Kumah (Tudu Mighty Jets), 8. Prosper Ahiabu (WAFA SC), 10. Mohammed Kudus (Nordsjaelland, Denmark), 11. Ibrahim Sadiq (Nordsjaelland, Denmark), 17. Enoch Atta Agyei (Azam FC, Tanzania), 19. Saliw Babawo (Dynamo Brest, Belarus)
Forwards: 9. Basit Abdul Rahman Umar (New Edubiase United, Ghana), 14. Frank Arhin (Ostersunds FK, Sweden), 18. Daniel Lomotey ( WAFA SC, Ghana)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Europa League draw: Arsenal face Rennes and Chelsea play Dynamo Kiev
- Chelsea 'categorically refute' FIFA findings, confirms intention to appeal ban
- Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows
- Christian Atsu: ‘Sometimes what’s happened to me seems like a miracle’
- Arsenal, Chelsea march into Europa League last 16
- Ghana's Ambassador designate to Belgium donates to Accra Lawn Tennis Club
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke