Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez is to leave Bayern Munich when his loan finishes, after asking the German club not to take up their option to buy him.
Colombia international Rodriguez, 27, has spent two seasons at Bayern, scoring 15 goals in 67 games.
He has won the Bundesliga twice as well as the German Cup with Bayern.
Rodriguez, Golden Boot winner at the 2014 World Cup, joined Real from Monaco for £71m that summer and has a contract at the Spanish club until 2021.
"The Colombia international asked the management at the German record champions not to take up the purchase option agreed with Real," the Bundesliga club said. "Bayern concurred with that request."
He played 111 times in three seasons at Real, winning La Liga and the Champions League twice.
His loan spell at Bayern ends on 30 June.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Salah scores as Egypt move into last 16
- VIDEO: A look at Andre Ayew's record 9 Afcon goals for Ghana
- AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe held after two glaring Musona misses
- AFCON 2019: Omeruo header helps Nigeria qualify for last 16
- Riyad Mahrez, wife ordered to pay former nanny
- AFCON 2019: Amr Warda sent home by Egypt for disciplinary reasons
- Man Utd reach agreement with Palace for £50m Wan-Bissaka
- AFCON 2019: Nigeria players 'owed bonuses and allowances'
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts