The Ghana Football Association has called Asante Kotoko's bluff to withdraw from the Tier One Special Competition.
The Normalisation Committee -organizers of the competition- is not really to sit down and negotiate with Kotoko about the concerns over the format gate proceeds.
Asante Kotoko wants to have their semi-final match against rivals Hearts of Oak played over two legs but the NC is adamant it should be a one-off match.
A statement signed by Ismaila Amin Gado read: ''The Ghana Football Association NC Special Committee has taken note of your withdrawal and the concerns raised in your dated 3rd June, 2019 on the above subject but wish you could rescind your withdrawal and participate in the NC Tier One Special Competition.
''The GFA would wish to have the two glamorous clubs play in the semi-finals. However, we wish you well if you stand by your earlier decision.''
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal