Huddersfield striker Steve Mounie scored the goal to send Benin to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations after a 2-1 victory over Emmanuel Adebayor's Togo in Cotonou.
In the final round of qualifiers, Benin secured the points they needed to finish as runners-up to Algeria in Group D and secure their place at Egypt 2019.
Benin opened the scoring against Togo in the 12th minute when David Djigla put the hosts in front.
Veteran Togo striker Adebayor, 35, gave Togo hope with an equaliser in the 72nd minute as his side searched for the victory they needed.
It made for a frenetic finish to the contest and the host nation made it a disappointing end to Adebayor and Togo's campaign as Mounie struck seven minutes from time to give Benin the win.
Benin will play at the Nations Cup finals for the first time since 2010.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations will, for the first time, take place in June and July and will feature 24 teams rather than 16.
Also on Sunday, Zimbabwe and DR Congo qualified for the finals, as did Tanzania who beat rivals Uganda 3-0.
In Bangui, it finished 0-0 between Central African Republic and Guinea in Group H, a fixture featuring two teams who have already been eliminated.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- MTN supports South African Freedom Day Golf Tourney
- Pogba only player not from Man City or Liverpool in PFA Team of the Year
- UK visa delay could hurt Ghanaian Heavyweight boxer Richard Lartey's dream
- Ex-EPL stars set for Ghana scouting programme on April 29
- Premier League wage bill surges to £2.9bn
- Man City return to top with derby win over Man United
- Superb Wolves dent Arsenal's top-four hopes
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko, Hearts win to end first round on a high
- Samini to perform at 44th MTN SWAG Awards
- Ortiz will not replace Miller as Joshua's next opponent
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 7 preview
- Barcelona close in on La Liga title with routine win at Alaves
- William Amponsah wins 2019 Kwahu Easter Mountain Marathon
- Over 100 golfers ready to compete in SA Golf Tourney
- VIDEO FEATURE: Nana Ama Ayenor, the young female coach on a mission