Africa’s leading digital TV operator StarTimes has announced that they will broadcast live the 2018–19 Copa Del Rey final between Barcelona and Valencia on May 25 2019.
StarTimes sealed a deal with the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) to acquire TV rights to the cup final.
The game scheduled to take place at the Benito Villamarín Stadium in Seville will be exclusive to World Football Channel on the StarTimes decoder and mobile App.
La Liga Champions Barcelona will be looking to seal a fifth straight success when they face off with Valencia in the final.
Valencia, on the other hand, secured Champions League football for the second year running by winning 2-0 at Real Valladolid at the weekend, clinching fourth place in La Liga at the expense of Getafe.
“We are delighted to be bringing to our subscribers the final of the Spanish football’s premier cup competition.”
“We are committed to giving our cherished subscribers more and more of great content and this is not an exception.” Director of TV StarTimes Ghana, George Lomotey said.
“I will like to take this opportunity to call on all media houses to desist from pirating the content to avoid legal actions against them. StarTimes has exclusive rights in this territory and will sue any offender who infringes upon our copyrights.”
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 20 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 10,000 convenience stores and 15,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children's programs, etc. The company's vision is "To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV". StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach finals
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage