Ghana international Thomas Partey has been named Atletico Madrid player of the month for March.
The 25-year-old put up impressive displays in the matches against Real Sociedad, CD Leganes, Deportivo Alaves and Atletico Bilbao.
He capped his performance with a beautiful goal – his third of the season in the 4-0 demolishing of Deportivo Alaves on the road.
His absence was greatly felt as Atletico Madrid suffered a 3-0 defeat against Juventus in Turin to exit the Champions League 3-2 on aggregate.
"I feel happy because it's not been easy. I think it's been a great month and I thank all the people that voted for me. I feel happy and great," he said on receiving the award.
This term, Partey has made 27 league appearances.
Watch the presentation of the award
🏆 @Thomaspartey22, winner of @futbolmahou's #Jugador5EstrellasATM Award for March, thanks the fans and speaks ahead of Saturday's #EibarAtleti: "@SDEibarEN play well at their stadium. We're going to have to work hard."#AúpaAtleti pic.twitter.com/wmnjQ14bey— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) April 16, 2019
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat