The Ministry of Youth and Sports (MOYS), has denied reports, which suggests that an amount of $8 million, has been budgeted for the senior national team, the Black Stars for their participation in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt.
According to the report, the Sports Ministry have approved the said budget to cater for the Black Stars during the tournament.
The reports further indicated that the Black Stars players will have a bonus hike as part of the purported budget.
However, in a statement signed by Mr Elvis Adjei-Baah, Public Relations Officer (PRO) of MOYS said, “I can say that there is no budget approved yet or in place for the AFCON.
“There is a delegation currently in Abu Dhabi trying to get a camping facility for the national team, so there is no way we would have come up with a budget once that is not even sorted yet.
“Once everything is concluded and is appropriate, we would communicate to the good people of Ghana how much budget has been presented or approved,” it added.
The Black Stars team are expected to start their preparation in mid-May where they will embark for a training camp in the UAE.
Ghana have been drawn in Group F together with defending Champions Cameroon, Benin and Guinea Bissau.
The tournament takes place in six stadiums across Egypt between 21 June and 19 July.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: How Kotoko and Hearts served a superb tactical semi-final
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach final
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss