Agona Swedru based athlete Ishmael Arthur emerged winner of the 2019 Asante Akyem Marathon held on Easter Monday.
The 42.97km marathon, which drew over 300 participants from across the country, took place within the Agogo township in the Asante Akyem District. It started at Agogo State secondary school and ended at the Agogo lorry park.
Image: Ishmael Arthur
Ishmael finished first in the men's category with a time of 2:49:06, whereas Kudanu John, last year's winner, finished third with Richard Kweitu securing the second position.
In the women's division, Abdulai Ramatu came first with Titi Rosina second while Amanda Kotambe came third.
In the Juvenile category, Abu Nuri Seth emerged the winner with Nkansah Deborah placing second while Diana Antwiwaa came third.
This year's Asante Akyem Marathon was the third edition following a successful organisation of the first and second editions in previous years.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze