Over 100 Golfers from various golf clubs across the country are gearing up to compete in this year's South African Freedom Day Golf Tournament.
The event comes off at the Celebrity Golf Club in Sakumono on April, 27.
The sixth edition of the Tourney is being organized by Global Media Alliance (GMA) in collaboration with the South African High Commission.
This is one of the prestigious events in Ghana which seeks to commemorate the day South Africans gained freedom from oppression twenty five years ago.
Golfers from Celebrity Golf Club, Achimota Golf Club, Kumasi Golf Club and a host of other Clubs are preparing to display their dexterity and love for the game in the Golf Challenge.
The golfers and their families, as well as corporate Ghana, will converge to have fun, network, and share ideas to mark the celebrations on the day. There will also be an exhibition from companies to showcase South African culture.
Winners of the various categories will be awarded trophies, souvenirs and vouchers from sponsors, airtime from media houses affiliated to GMA.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. It is a remarkable day in the history of South Africa and Africa.
The golf tournament, therefore, serves as a good platform for South Africans and Ghanaians to engage each other.
More Sports Headlines
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours
- Liverpool goalie could miss Southampton game after pitch invader injured his ankle
- Hazard out of Madrid season opener with thigh injury