Ivory Coast recovered from conceding an early goal to beat Zambia 4-1 on Wednesday in their final warm-up match for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Jonathan Kodjia and Jean-Michael Seri scored in Abu Dhabi to give the Ivorians a 2-1 half-time lead after Fashion Sakala had converted a penalty for Zambia.
Maxwell Cornet increased the lead on 57 minutes and a late goal from Wilfried Bony completed a morale-boosting win for the former African champions.
Ivory Coast had defeated the Comoros and lost to Uganda in their other warm-up matches for the tournament, which kicks off on Friday with Egypt playing Zimbabwe in the opening match in Cairo.
Zambia, the 2012 champions, failed to qualify for this newly expanded Nations Cup but have played in a number of warm-up games.
They lost narrowly to defending champions Cameroon and defeated Morocco before facing the Ivorians.
The Elephants will play in Group D in Egypt alongside Morocco, South Africa and Namibia.
More Sports Headlines
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours
- Liverpool goalie could miss Southampton game after pitch invader injured his ankle
- Hazard out of Madrid season opener with thigh injury